Hypnobirthing & Yoga Birth Preparation Workshop
Hypnobirthing courses in Richmond
Are you thinking about hypnobirthing or pregnancy yoga? Like the idea but aren’t convinced they’re for you? I work with Triona who runs YogaBellies, Richmond to offer ladies a birth preparation workshop that combines hypnobirthing and yoga.
We start with a one hour yoga class lead by Triona followed by a two hour hypnobirthing session by Hypnobirthing Mumma. I welcome birth partners to join in for they hypnobirthing session as hypnobirthing isn’t only beneficial for expectant Mums. It’s beneficial for birth partners and your baby. Expectant mums start the session after an hours wonderful yoga with Triona feeling nourished and relaxed. The best place to be for hypnobirthing. Although our workshops take place in Richmond and I offer private hypnobirthing courses in Richmond and surrounding areas. Get it touch to find out the areas that I cover.
The benefits of yoga in pregnancy
- Your body can feel more supported from yoga including helping ease any back pain you might be experiencing from carrying your baby bump around. Supporting the changes that are happening in a pregnant body.
- Helps tone the physical body, especially the pelvic floor, hip, and abdominal core muscles, in preparation for the birthing process.
- Works to connect with yoga methods around deep, mindful breathing which helps the body loosen and relax during labour.
- Women find they connect more with their baby when they attend a yoga class. They have that sense of relaxation and being present in that moment. Disconnecting from anything else going on in the outside world.
- Through stretching and toning your muscles yoga can help ease common pregnancy symptoms. These include back pain, nausea, insomnia, headaches, shortness of breath and carpal tunnel syndrome. Yoga encourages healthy blood circulation throughout the body. Combined with the deep breathing it can bring much needed oxygen to your baby and to your own muscles.
- It’s also a great way to meet other expectant Mums!
The benefits of Hypnobirthing
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
- Length of labour is often much shorter with hypnobirthing births.
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive.
- Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
- Mums often bounce back quicker after a hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
- Hypnobirthing babies tend to show less distress during birth, are often very alert after birth and calmer babies.
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth. A truly shared and loving experience.
How often are the Birth Preparation Workshops held?
We aim to hold Birth Preparation Workshops every 2 months. The next workshop is being held on Saturday 14 April from 10.00 – 14.00. Held in central Richmond at Hamptons International.
The intention with the birth preparation workshop is for expectant parents to feel nourished and informed. I always encourage parents that even if they don’t go on to book a full KG hypnobirthing course to take away simple snippets of info that can help them achieve a better birth.
Many expectant parents do leave feeling inspired and go on to book a full hypnobirthing course. From the last workshop half of the attendees went on to book a private course.
Interested in booking a hypnobirthing course? What to know more?
I offer hypnobirthing courses in Richmond, Twickenham, Isleworth, Hampton, Kingston and surrounding areas. So to find out more about hypnobirthing or to book your hypnobirthing classes get in touch – i’d love to hear from you.